Do You Know the Risk Factors for Back Pain?
By Donna Stark
Whether it's a result of lifting something too heavy, swinging a golf club a little too erratically, or spending too much time sitting down on the job, back pain can certainly disrupt your life on a massive level, can't it? And this type of disruption isn't only affecting you, it's also impacting the lives of millions of people nationwide. Fortunately, there are options, and one of the safest, most effective one out there is chiropractic care at The Joint Chiropractic.
What is the Source of Your Pain?
It's hard to predict when back pain will rear its ugly head, which is why it is important to know the risk factors and to see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic regularly. Take a look at some of the factors below.
- Age - As we age, our backs can become more susceptible to pain. Our muscles lose elasticity, our bones become weaker, and the cushioning in our spines can diminish with age.
- Fitness level - It's important to maintain a healthy fitness level and to exercise daily. If your back and core muscles are too weak to support the spine, you can pretty much guarantee on having pain.
- Weight - If you are carrying around some extra pounds on your body, you may be setting yourself up for an aching back. The excess weight can easily put added stress and pressure on the spine, leading to lower back pain.
- Career - Working at a job that requires excessive sitting, heavy lifting, or pushing and pulling can lead to significant issues with your back, especially if you aren't intentional with your form, technique, and posture.
- Pregnancy - Back pain during pregnancy is common and can occur from added weight, an imbalance of the body, and uncomfortable sleeping positions.
- Physical activity and sports - If you don't maintain the proper form required for the sport, keep your equipment up to date, or warm up and cool down before and after playing, you could find yourself sitting on the bench with back pain.
The Safe Treatment
Chiropractic care at The Joint Chiropractic is an extremely safe and effective treatment approach for back pain that encourages the body to heal itself naturally. It really couldn't get any better than that, but it does, because the chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic don't just stop with the treatment of your symptoms. Their main focus is to also identify and target the actual source of your pain, so you can expect quick relief and long-lasting results.
So stop living a disrupted life and come on in today! With more than 500 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointments required, the decision to seek relief couldn't be any easier but it could be totally life-changing!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Brentwood, Tenn.