Can You Sense That Fall Is Right Around the Corner?
By Donna Stark
Are you starting to get excited that October is right around the corner? Even with all of the struggles we have needed to face this year, time has still found a way to fly by and the next few weeks in September will be no different! So before all the school activities start and the weekend sports take over, slow down your hustle and enjoy what the fall season can offer. There is plenty of fun ahead!
If you are looking for some great ideas on how to take advantage of this season by engaging in all your senses, take a look at what we put together for you. Consider it your new to-do list of all the fall activities you should try.
- Take a hike - In addition to taking a hike, you will also be taking in all the fall beauty around you. Can't make it to a local trailhead, though? Don't worry! There is plenty of nature right in your backyard. Take a walk around your neighborhood or go for a scenic drive.
- Enjoy those flavors - Fall wouldn't be fall without its wonderful flavors. Allow yourself to indulge in your favorite pumpkin coffee, spiced chai, or hot chocolate. Buy a bushel of apples and teach your children the fine art of baking a pie. Or stick to what you know and make some homemade peach cobbler!
- Decorate pumpkins - There is nothing like the squishy feeling you get to experience when you clean those pumpkin seeds out of the pumpkin. And while carving is generally the most common activity with pumpkins at this time of year, don't forget that you can decorate with art supplies too, such as paint, glitter, and wobbly eyeballs.
- Make candles - Bring the scents of the season into your home by having your family make their very own fall candles. A quick and easy search online will take you to where you can find all the ingredients needed and you can use all those empty food jars you've been saving for a rainy day. It's a great way to repurpose them.
- Watch a spooky movie - You can't go wrong with a spooky movie night at home. The eerie sounds, the ghost's boos ... just make sure the scare level of the movie is appropriate for everyone in the family though! With some creepy snacks and ghoulish juice, the whole night will be fun for everyone!
Enjoying What You Have
Slow down and take the time to make this fall season the best yet. After all, this year has certainly put us through the wringer, and we all deserve to have a little bit of fun!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Brentwood, Tenn.