Protein-Rich Snacks for Weight Loss
When beginning a weight loss regiment, it is important to balance healthy eating with regular exercise. It is vital to change eating habits to fit your work out goals. But healthy eating doesn't have to be bland or boring. Luckily, there are tons of delicious, protein-rich snacks that are perfect for those looking to get fit. From sweet to savory, these 10 wholesome munchies will keep you full and active.
- Fresh Fruit Smoothies - Perfect for any time of day, these delicious drinks will keep you going. Try mixing fresh berries with ice or Greek yogurt for a yummy shake. You can add in protein powder for an extra punch!
- Egg and Avocado Toast - This delicious, protein-rich snack will help you feel full. Spread mashed avocado over a piece of whole-wheat toast, and top with a cooked egg.
- Nuts and Berries - A handful of this snack has plenty of good fats and antioxidants to help you reach your goals. Try not to over do it though, as there are sugars in berries.
- Fat Free Greek Yogurt - This creamy treat has lots of protein to keep you going. Try adding natural honey for a sweet touch.
- Baked Tofu - When cut into strips and baked, this soybean-based protein is a delicious alternative to chips or fries.
- Banana and Nut Butter Patty - Spread a healthy nut butter like almond over a rice cake and top with sliced bananas for a sweet treat that won't break the calorie bank!
- Cottage Cheese - This versatile snack can be topped with fruit or veggies for a fun kick!
- Turkey Jerky - Beef jerky is actually not as unhealthy as you'd think, but turkey is a tasty alternative that packs a protein punch!
- Ants on a Log - This childhood favorite is perfect for adults looking for a healthy treat. Spread a nut butter over celery and top with raisins. Delicious!
- Light Mozzarella Sticks - String cheese is portable and a great way to get calcium and protein in one perfect portion.