Get Lean with Chiropractic and Key Workouts
By Sandy Schroeder
As the temperature soars, it’s tempting to hide out in strategic cover-ups to mask extra pounds. If you can relate, it may be time to get the shape you really want. If you are ready to tighten muscles and trim calories, to look and feel your best, your chiropractor can help.
Stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you to find out how much fun wellness can be. The Joint’s doctors of chiropractic help people get fit, improve health and ease pain every day.
Get to Know Your Chiropractor
When you come in, get to know your chiropractor and learn how an improvement in spinal health can play out in the fitness you are seeking. A gentle targeted spinal adjustment may ease aches and pain and provide an overall sense of well-being. When you are sleeping better and feeling more energetic, getting more fit may be the next logical step.
Together, you and your chiropractor can assess your fitness, review your goals, and put together an overall plan that fits you. Weekly 15-minute spinal adjustments may keep you at your peak and set the stage to work on fitness.
Work Smarter, Move More
- Insert regular 5-minute breaks for each hour you sit
- Keep moving when you are on the phone
- Do walking meetings
- Consider an adjustable sit/stand workstation
15-Minute Round-the-Clock Fitness
Pick and choose the spots where these work for you, or do all of them and score 90 minutes of daily exercise!
- Before breakfast walk, run or jog
- After lunch, take a brisk walk
- Mid-afternoon break, take a walk or stretch
- Evening run
- After work, walk with the kids or the dog
- Late evening, 15-minute yoga session to sleep better
Eat Better and Enjoy It More
- Do sit-down suppers with fruit, salads and fish or poultry
- Dine with friends and family and savor the meal
- Plan a week’s worth of menus as you roam through your local farmers market
- Skip your fast food or take-out runs
Extend Your Exercise Reach
Try volleyball, hoops or soccer
- Do a barre ballet class
- Find a weekly dance session
- Start camping, hiking or biking
- Get wet at your local pool, lake or beach
With all of the activities, you may be pleased to check your weight as you build muscles. Muscles burn more calories than fat, so the fitter you become the better your weight may be.
Stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you to shape up now. Find out about the affordable personal healthcare plans that eliminate the hassle of insurance. Clinics are open weekends and evenings and no appointments are needed.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Houston, Tex.