Chiropractic Care Can Help Your Pinched Nerve
By Donna Stark
A screaming child kicking the back of your seat on a plane, a coworker who just doesn't know how to stop cracking her gum, or your significant other simply spending the day bothering you just for the sake of bothering you. I can go on and on about the things that get on our nerves, and although they can be a real pain to deal with, they aren't nearly as bad as dealing with an actual pinched nerve! Pinched nerves distract and hurt us a great deal more, and if you are suffering from one, it's time to head on in to The Joint Chiropractic!
Got a Pinched Nerve?
A pinched nerve can occur almost anywhere in the body but is usually found in the back, neck, shoulders, arms, and hands. It occurs when pressure is placed on the tissue surrounding a nerve or when inflammation decides to rear its ugly head. Here are some symptoms to look for.
- Muscle weakness - When it feels like a part of your body is losing strength
- Pins and needles - The tingling, prickly feeling similar to when your foot falls asleep
- Aches and pain - A burning, aching type of pain or a pain so sharp it takes your breath away
- Numbness - A loss of sensation or the ability to feel
- Nighttime discomfort - Increased symptoms at night
Chiropractic Care to the Rescue
Chiropractic care is one of the safest and most effective options you can choose to treat your pinched nerve. Take a look at how it can help.
- Identifies and targets the root source of pain
- Places the spine and joints in their proper alignment
- Relieves pressure on the affected nerve
- Reduces inflammation
- Encourages the body to heal itself naturally and as quickly as possible
- Avoids the use of prescription medications or invasive procedures
Don't Forget Your Self-Care Too!
In addition to chiropractic care, there are several ways you can reduce the pain of a pinched nerve on your own as well. Check out the following self-care tips.
- Posture - Maintain correct posture as often as you can throughout the day
- Rest - Be sure to get the recommended amount of sleep every night
- Lifting - Avoid lifting heavy objects
- Exercise - Maintain your daily exercise with low-impact activities
- Move - Take breaks from sitting, get out of your chair, and move
- Stretch - Incorporate daily stretches into your routine
Give Your Nerves a Rest
The chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic have helped so many people with pinched nerves return to a pain-free life, and they can help you too! So come on in today! With more than 450 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointment or referral necessary, it couldn't be any easier to heal your pinched nerve so that you can focus on those other things that actually get on your nerves!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Bellevue, Wash.