Changing Those Work Habits that Cause You Pain
By Donna Stark
So many people are living in pain on a daily basis and there’s a good reason why: our jobs are killing us. OK, a little dramatic I know, but I am trying to drive home a point here. From physical labor to desk jobs to jobs where we are on our feet all day, the habits we keep throughout our work days can have damaging effects on our spines and are responsible for so much of the pain that many people are living with.
Identifying Those Bad Habits
If you are experiencing low back, neck, or joint pain, it’s time to identify and consider the different ways your work contributes to it. Here are a few suggestions to get started.
- Motions - What motions are you repeatedly making each day? Are they natural?
- Posture - Are you sitting straight and tall at your desk or are your shoulders slumped and hunched over?
- Lifting - Are you lifting a lot or carrying heavy items with proper form?
- Work environment - What is your work environment like? Are you standing on hard floors for hours on end or is your equipment properly suited for you?
- Stress - How much stress comes with your job and how do you carry it in your body?
It is important to understand that even small, seemingly innocent actions can cause significant damage to your body. So as you think about your daily habits, be sure to include every repetitive action that you make so that you can make the necessary changes.
Need Help? It’s Closer Than you Think!
Your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic is an expert at helping patients manage those kinds of habits and with treating their source of pain. Here are some of the benefits that regular chiropractic adjustments offer.
- Supports proper alignment of the body to reduce the risk of future injury
- Improves flexibility which provides an increased range of motion
- Helps patients regain their strength and mobility
- Restores normal function to the spine and nervous system, which allows the body to deal with stress better
- Delivers relief from pain without the use of medication/invasive treatments
Small actions can oftentimes have the biggest impact on your body so it is critical to put your health in the workplace on the top of your priority list, even if you work from home! So stop living in pain and do something about it. Make the necessary changes for a healthier body and see your local chiropractor regularly. The most important action you can make is to head on over to The Joint Chiropractic; with more than 400 locations nationwide, and no appointment necessary, it couldn’t be any easier. In fact, it is the one repetitive motion that you can make that won’t hurt you in the long run!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Vancouver, Wash.