Important Message from The Joint Chiropractic regarding COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) - Read More

Top Chefs Share Their Stay-Slim Tips

Have you ever seen a fit chef and wondered how they can stay slim while surrounded by food all day? Yahoo Health interviewed several chefs and discovered their tips for preventing weight gain, even when the temptation of food is in their face constantly. Here are the best tips given that you can easily implement in your own life:

Eat Healthy Majority of the Time

If you make eating healthy a priority 80-90 percent of the time, then it will not matter if you have a dessert or high-calorie food the other 10 percent of the time. Life is all about balance, so it is unrealistic to expect yourself to eat perfectly 100 percent, every day. Instead, focus on choosing the best food choices majority of the time and enjoy the moments you do get to indulge.

Remember Food is Fuel

You may have heard the analogy that we need food just like a car needs gas. Just like you can expect your car to run horribly with poor quality gas, you can expect your body to run poorly on bad quality food. While many foods may taste good on your tongue, they zap you of your energy. If you want to experience better energy, better moods, and feel great overall, then you need to focus on what fuel you put in your body.

Cut the Liquid Calories

The easiest way to derail your health goals is to consume your calories through liquid form. Sipping on soda or juice means you are taking in hundreds of excessive calories and grams of sugar. Stick with water – no excuses.

Learn to Season Properly

Not only do spices contain their own health benefits, but if you learn to season with the right balance of oil and acidity, such as with citrus or vinegar, you will make the healthiest foods taste more decadent. The right seasoning can transform vegetables and lean proteins into five star dishes.

Keep Water Close By

Staying hydrated means you are less likely to munch on bad foods. Keep a glass or bottle of water close by so that when you are tempted to eat something you shouldn’t, you can just take a drink of water instead.

If some of the top chefs in the field can stay in shape and slim, then anyone can. You may not be surrounded by food all day long, but these tips will help anyone avoid excess weight gain.

Story Link

Used under Creative Commons Licensing courtesy of Nan Palmero

Download your offer today and save!

$29 New Patient Special, Consultation | Exam | Adjustment

Offer valued at $45. Valid for new patients only. See clinic for chiropractor(s)' name and license info. Clinics managed and/or owned by franchisee or Prof. Corps. Restrictions may apply to Medicare eligible patients. Individual results may vary.