Move Easier With Daily Stretches
By Donna Stark
Last year was a stressful year for many, so it's understandable if you took it easy over the holiday break. And if "easy" means you skipped your daily workouts and chose to binge-watch your favorite shows instead, you may be finding it difficult to get back to your normal routine. Fortunately, there is a simple way to ease your body back into movement. Want to know what it is? It's stretching, and if you spend some time doing it, your body will thank you for it.
Stretching is one of the most important exercises to engage in. It can alleviate pain by reducing tension, strain, and stress in the body. It can help strengthen balance, increase flexibility, and improve posture. But the most important benefit that comes from stretching is that it allows for easier movement of the body! And since that is what you may be having the most trouble with right now, you may want to consider adding some stretching exercises to your daily routine. Take a look at the following stretching tips your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic recommend.
- Enjoy your stretching session - Stretching isn't only a time to engage your muscles, it can also be the perfect opportunity to take time for yourself, so be sure to enjoy it! You can do this by creating a quiet, calm, and comfortable space in your home that is free from distraction.
- Take your time - Give yourself plenty of time to stretch each area of your body slowly. Stretching isn't something you want to rush through.
- Start small - It's always a good idea to start with small, gentle motions after a period of inactivity. Then, as your body becomes more comfortable, you can start adding deeper movements.
- Listen to your body - Your body will tell you when it has reached its limit, so listen to it very carefully. Your stretches should be uncomfortable, but never painful. If your stretches hurt, stop and evaluate your movements.
- Stretch as much as possible - Stretching once a day will definitely help prepare your body for physical activity, but if you really want to make an impact, try incorporating two stretch sessions into your schedule. By stretching in the morning and before bed, you won't have any trouble stepping back into the world of fitness.
Getting Back Into the Groove
Your body was designed to move, so give it a helping hand by stretching every day. And remember, if you would like more tips on how to stretch properly, just head on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Yuma, Ariz.