Power Your Diet With Extra Greens!
By Donna Stark
It was always amazing to see what Popeye was able to accomplish with his can of spinach and it can be equally as amazing to see what you can accomplish by adding more greens to your diet too! Green foods are some of the healthiest things you can add to your plate because they are packed with nutrients, low in sugars, and rich in fiber and water. And because they are so easy to incorporate into your diet, there really is no reason to skimp on them.
Easy Ways to Add More Greens to Your Diet
Before you start to think that you will have to commit to salads only for your meals, take a few minutes to look over the suggestions below. There are a number of delicious and convenient ways that you can add more greens to your diet.
- Wrap it up - Ditch the tortillas, hamburger buns, and taco shells and use leafy greens instead. Simply wrap your lunch meat, burgers, or other stuffing inside a broad-leafed green of your choosing.
- Chew on this - Are you constantly in search of that perfect crunch? Substitute those chips and crackers with raw greens, such as bell peppers, kale chips, and cucumbers instead.
- Mix up your mornings - Starting your day with a green power smoothie or juice is a great way to fuel your body. Add a handful of spinach or kale, some celery sticks, an avocado, or even some broccoli florets to get your day going!
- Add some egg-citement - In case you didn't know it, eggs and greens make the best of friends. Whether you are scrambling them up or creating a fancy omelet, consider throwing in some baby spinach, chopped broccoli, or sliced avocado into your eggs. You won't believe how good it tastes!
- Make some soup - There is no easier way to add a variety of green vegetables into your diet than to make your very own vegetable soup. Simply buy your favorite type of broth at the store and throw in as many or few vegetables as you like.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth - Yes! Green vegetables can be a sweet addition to your diet too! Try making some zucchini bread, spinach brownies, or simply choose to serve a fruit salad that includes grapes, honeydew, and kiwi.
A Powerful Diet
Whether you are looking to be as strong as Popeye or you just want to increase your nutritional intake, green foods are the way to go! They're healthy, completely satisfying, and oh, so good! Start today and see how well you begin to feel. It won't take long before you notice a change!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Citrus Heights, Calif.