Make the Changes for a Better You
By Donna Stark
Whether we have learned how to say no to drugs from an egg in a frying pan or how to stop crime from a dog named McGruff, it's been shown that public service announcements can certainly make an impact in our lives, which is exactly what they are supposed to do. Public service announcements are messages aimed at raising public awareness on a specific topic, and throughout the years, those topics have varied greatly. So, in the spirit of impact-making statements and increased awareness, here is my PSA to you ... nothing will change if you don't make the necessary changes.
OK, OK, I'm Not Very Creative
Even if my public service announcement doesn't rank as high as some of the others you might remember or as high as those that are on your list of favorites, the message is clear. If you want a better year than last, if you want to find true joy in what you do, or if you want to improve your overall health and wellness, changes are going to be necessary. And truth be told, those changes may not be easy to make, but I know you are up for the challenge, aren't you? So keep reading. Hopefully, you can find some use from the following tips.
At the Gym
Have you struggled in the past to find and keep the motivation required to reach all of your fitness goals? Maybe these suggestions can help.
- Create different fitness goals each month
- Find a friend to workout with
- Pack your bag the night before a workout
- Hire a personal trainer
- Keep a fitness journal
- Sign up for a fitness event
In the Kitchen
They say you are what you eat, so fill your body up with amazing nutrition! Here are some ideas.
- Start every day with a nutritious breakfast
- Keep healthy snacks in your car to avoid spontaneous junk food stops
- Double your recipes and stock your freezer with homemade meals
- Fill at least half of your plate with vegetables
- Stay hydrated
- Fill your diet with whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and heart-healthy fats
In the Bedroom
The benefits you get from quality sleep can bleed into nearly every aspect of your overall health and wellness, so create the perfect sleeping environment for yourself. Here's how.
- Maintain a cool temperature
- Clean out the clutter
- Ditch the electronics
- Keep your room dark
- Invest in a white noise machine
- Purchase a quality mattress and pillow set
Big Changes Are in the Air
Don't let the new year coming up be a repeat of the last. Decide on what changes need to be made, spend more of your time acting on them, and prepare yourself for a successful year. You got this!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in La Verne, Calif.