It's Never Too Late for Good Posture
By Donna Stark
You heard it a million times growing up from your mom, your teachers, and maybe even that seldom-seen aunt who used to always pinch your cheeks. So, why did you not listen? Because if you did, you may not be struggling with the pain and discomfort you are dealing with right now. Back, neck, and shoulder pain that is caused by poor posture can be a huge disruption to your days, but don't worry, all is not lost! Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic have a plan to get your posture back in good form!
The Importance of Good Posture
The longer you maintain poor posture throughout your life, the more likely you will experience pain from joint and muscle issues. It is vital to make the necessary changes in how you hold and carry your body throughout your days and extremely beneficial to see the chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic. Here's how routine chiropractic care can help you sit straight and tall.
- Places the body in proper alignment
- Corrects postural imbalances
- Removes joint dysfunction
- Eases muscle tension and strain
- Releases pressure on your nervous system
- Improves core strength
- Restores balance and stability
Why Poor Posture Causes Pain
Over time, poor posture will place unnecessary stress and strain on the body's joints and muscles, and can lead to a host of medical issues, such as joint degeneration, muscle imbalance, sciatica, respiratory issues, and digestive problems. That's a lot of bad news to chew on there, but the good news is that with regular chiropractic adjustments and a few simple changes to your daily routine, you can reduce the risk of those from occurring. Take a look at some of the changes your chiropractors recommend.
- Avoid hunching over your desk or laptop
- Invest in ergonomic furniture and equipment
- Try to keep your electronic devices (and books!) at eye level
- Toss out your old mattress and purchase one that provides maximum support
- Keep a lumbar support pillow in your car and on your desk chair
- Lift heavy or awkward items with proper form
It's Never Too Late to Follow Good Advice
Just because you failed to listen to those who warned you years ago doesn't mean it's too late to make the necessary changes now. Start paying attention to your posture and head on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic today. There is no better gift you can give yourself than the gift of good posture!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in San Jose, Calif.