Chiropractic Tip: Exercise Your Right to Fitness
By Sandy Schroeder
As spring moves ahead, daily exercise can become a moving target. Here’s a reminder of why it's so important.
Harvard Health’s Christopher Bullock, MD, and Carolyn A. Bernstein, MD, FAHS, said, “We are a physician couple who have been physically active all our lives. We prescribe exercise regularly in our practices (neurology and psychiatry) the same way we prescribe medication. Developing, undertaking, and maintaining an exercise regimen is one of the best steps a person can take for self-actualized medical care.”
Actualizing Your Exercise Routine
The chiropractic advantage may be the best way to get started to make daily fitness happen. Take the first step. Stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you to meet the Joint’s doctors of chiropractic, who help people of all ages become more active every day.
When you come in, be ready to find out how improved spinal health may be the answer to overall health and fitness.
Your chiropractor will review your lifestyle, issues of pain, and health history. A gentle targeted spinal adjustment may relieve aches and pain and create a sense of well-being with more energy, better sleep, improved energy or more mental alertness.
Weekly 15-minute adjustments may maintain the benefits while your chiropractor intercepts any new issues, and helps you shape a daily fitness plan.
Tips to get started from Harvard Health.
- Before you start, get approval from your doctor for new exercises
- Plan the coming week’s exercise on Sunday night, picking natural spots in your schedule
- Mix it up with strength, stretching, walking, or running to build endurance and muscle mass
- If you run out of time, use shorter bursts of exercise wherever they fit best
- Get the heart rate up and use a heart rate monitor to check return to baseline
- Add new things; anything physical counts: skiing, kayak paddling, dancing, biking, whatever is fun
- Get a buddy and never miss your daily session as you and your friend motivate each other
- Start an exercise journal that includes goals and logs progress
When you are ready to make fitness happen, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you. Find out how easy everything can be. Affordable personal healthcare plans eliminate the hassle of insurance. Weekend and evening hours make visits easy. Walk-in visits are welcome. No appointments are needed.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in San Jose, Calif.