Step Out of the Box With New Exercises
By Donna Stark
Tired of the same old fitness routine, day after day, week after week? Looking for some new ways to push your body, strive for excellence, and enjoy a little bit of friendly competition? Fitness routines don't have to be boring and you certainly don't want them to become the thing you look forward to the least, so if you want to train your body in some fun, new ways, keep reading.You may be surprised by how much you like it!
New Ways to Get Your Exercise In
Fitness doesn't need to come with risk, danger, and serious bodily harm in order for it to be exciting and fun. Take a look at the following suggestions on how you can liven up your fitness routine with some serious workouts that aren't too hard on the body and are anything but boring!
- Swimming - Swimming is an incredible way to exercise if you want to improve both your health and fitness. It is a low-stress activity that helps to maintain a healthy weight, improve lung capacity, strengthen muscles, and burn calories. Best of all, it can be done throughout the year!
- Tennis - When you think of the top aerobic activities, running is usually the first thing to come to mind, but don't forget about your tennis game! Tennis can help you burn those calories while also improving your strength and agility.
- Rowing - You don't need to be the coxswain of a crew team to understand the benefits that come from rowing and you also don't need to be out on the water to get them! Find a rowing machine at your local gym, or buy one for your home, and start managing your health and fitness today!
- Squash - Squash may seem intimidating at first when you walk past the glass wall and watch those who are playing, but if you haven't tried it yet, today is the day to do so! It's a major calorie-burner, it increases aerobic fitness, it boosts flexibility, and it improves strength and hand-eye coordination.
- Cross-country skiing - Yes, it's almost summertime, but we can't ignore the benefits that come from cross-country skiing simply because it's getting warmer outside, so tuck this information away for when the seasons become more appropriate. If you want a total and complete all-over body workout, increased strength, endurance, and cardiovascular health, cross-country skiing is for you!
Invest in Your Health
No matter what your health and fitness goals are, there is sure to be a sport or exercise that can help you reach them. So don't let boredom bring you down, and if you find that you are becoming unmotivated, test the waters and try something new! It may just be the boost you are looking for!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Denver, Colo.