Lose the Excuses and Stay on Track With Fitness
By Donna Stark
Is it too soon to start talking about New Year's resolutions? You know, the promises we make ourselves to eat healthier, be nicer, and save more money ... have you even considered which ones you are going to make this year? Without a doubt, one of the most popular promises we make to ourselves is to get in shape, and those extra-long lines for the gym equipment come January is all the proof we need to see how true that statement really is. But for some people, keeping that promise for longer than a couple of weeks can be a real struggle and many will quit before they even get started. Have you ever been in that situation? Well, let's not let that happen again! Here are some suggestions on how to minimize the two biggest issues that keep you from staying on track.
Fitness is Expensive
It's true, fitness does come with a hefty price tag sometimes, but there are ways to get around that! You don't need the most expensive trainer in town and you also don't need to build an addition to your home to set up a private workout room. Here are some ideas on how to exercise inexpensively.
- Many gyms offer holiday discounts with their enrollment and inexpensive plans if you stick to the basics
- Choose a trainer that will work for free, and by that I mean check out your favorite online fitness videos
- Head outdoors for a run, walk, hike, or swim
- Check your local community center or church to see if they offer free fitness classes
- Buy gently used gym equipment at yard sales or off online marketplace sites
Life Gets in the Way
It always seems that at first, it is easy to make the time to work out, but then ... life gets in the way, doesn't it? When this happens, you have a couple of different options. Take a look.
- Set your alarm for an earlier time to get a jump on the day
- Consider shorter, more intense workouts than those that take up hours of your time
- Plan to work out at the same time as your child's sports practice
- Schedule exercise like you would for a doctor appointment
- Find ways to add more movement into your day if you can't fit a workout in
Stick to It!
Are you ready to declare your New Year's resolution and stick to a new fitness routine? Don't let the same excuses that hindered your progress last year keep you from hitting your goals this year. Just keep in mind all the reasons you want to improve your fitness and stick to it! This year is going to be great!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Denver, Colo.