Simple Ways to Get the Sleep You Need
By Sandy Schroeder
Do you feel tired when you get up, every afternoon, and often throughout the day? Your body may be sending you signals to get more sleep. Researchers say adults need at least seven hours of sleep every night to function normally and protect health, according to the New York Times.
If you wake up during the night, or work long hours and go to bed late, sleep may be an ongoing problem. To figure out what is going on, and start getting the sleep you need, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you. The Joint’s licensed chiropractors help people work on sleep issues along with many other health and wellness problems every day.
Seeing Your Chiropractor
Focusing on spinal health, a gentle targeted spinal adjustment may bring you relief from aches and pains, and help provide better rest along with less stress, more energy and a clearer focus.
The spine houses the central nervous system that serves as command central for everything the body does. When this brain-to-body network is functioning well, overall health gets a boost, too.
At the same time, chiropractic treatment may provide relief for ongoing pain in the neck, lower or upper back, shoulder, elbows, knees, ankles and wrists.
Wellness is unique to the individual, but many people find weekly 15-minute spinal adjustments work to keep them at their peak and moving ahead with better rest and fitness.
Here are some more tips to get the sleep you need.
- Create a serene sleep retreat with good pillows and mattress
- Remove all clutter from the bedroom
- Add light-blocking (blackout) drapes
- Leave electronics outside the bedroom; shut down phones and laptops an hour before bedtime
- Try to solve ongoing health, financial or work issues that may be keeping you awake
- Use white noise air filters to clean the air and screen out noise
- Go to bed at the same time every night, avoiding daytime naps
- Keep the same sleep routine on the weekends
- Cut off caffeine in early afternoon, and go easy on alcohol in the evening
- Develop a sleep ritual with a warm bath or light snack
When you are ready to get the best answers for health, wellness and fitness, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you. The Joint makes everything easier. Affordable personal healthcare plans require no insurance. Weekend and evening hours are available, and walk-in visits are welcome. No appointments are needed.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Atlanta, Ga.