Time Waits for No Man
By Sandy Schroeder
Actually, the original quote from the above headline may be “Time and tide wait for no man,” by Geoffrey Chaucer. However, I think the message is clear for most of us. We need to get with it.
Make the most of right now because that is really all you have. Learning to live in the moment with fewer backward glances or future worry projections, could let you concentrate all of your energy on the present. Imagine what that could do.
Do a Selfie
Do a few notes and take a selfie of you at this moment. As you wonder where those extra pounds and wrinkles came from, you may also spot a gleam in your eye and a half-smile that’s eager to challenge the world. Go with that and keep right on going.
Define Who You Are
Who are you right this moment? Here are just a few of the countless choices.
- Tech Expert
- Single Soul
What Are Your Special Traits and Skills?
- Fantastic with words
- A demon with numbers
- Able to think around corners
- Inspired marketing person
- Unmatched coordinator
- Complete people person
- Dynamic speaker
- Diligent “worker bee”
- Able to quickly see the big picture
Where Do You Want to Be Next?
In a year or five from now, where do you see yourself?
- Moving up the corporate ladder
- Senior partner
- Moving on to own business
- Considering retirement
How Do You Make It Happen?
What are the key steps that might get you where you need to be?
- Part-time instead of fulltime work or vice versa
- Special training
- A special degree
- Another degree
- On the job apprenticeship
- Structuring savings for future
What Does This Tell You?
If all of this inspires you, or gives you a headache, those are important clues. You may be just fine where you are, for now. Or you may be calling someone right now to make the next contact to move ahead.
To Inspire You
- “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” --Warren Buffett
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” --Thomas Edison
Whatever and wherever you are, make the next step your choice and give it your full attention. Savor the moment.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Chicago, Ill.