Yerba Mate Health Benefits
By Alexis Mills
Yerba Mate is a tea traditional to South America but has become popular worldwide - and for a lot of good reasons. It has been called "the drink of the gods" because of the way it makes people feel as well as for its health benefits. If you find yourself drinking too much coffee, yerba mate is a great alternative to get an energy boost without the crashes.
It is the perfect middle ground between coffee and brewed tea. So, if coffee has too much caffeine and side effects, but traditional tea doesn't have enough effect, yerba mate is the perfect settling point between the two. The taste is an herbal grass blend that is similar to some green teas. However, its increased popularity is because of its all natural caffeine kick and array of health benefits.
Some of the benefits you may receive include:
- Smooth increase in energy - Drinking your yerba mate, experience an alert wakefulness but without caffeine jitters. It fights off fatigue and energizes.
- Boost mental function - It enhances memory, mood, and alertness. It's believed that yerba mate awakens the mind and brings you to life with a high-energy infusion.
- Nutritional powerhouse - It's loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that contains almost all the micronutrients needed to sustain life.
- Boost immune system - The plant-based compounds in yerba mate naturally boost the immune system through their antioxidant and anti- inflammatory properties.
- Build strong muscles - Yerba mate tea is able to increase bone density throughout the body, even for people who don't exercise.
Yerba Mate and its Traditional Medicinal Uses
Brewed from the mighty emerald green mate leaves, this team has been used for medicinal purposes by South Americans. From the species of holly native to the South American Atlantic rain forest, it contains 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids and abundant polyphenols. Because of all the benefits in this nutritional powerhouse, it is used for many medicinal purposes:
- Digestive and elimination tonic
- Help weight lose regime
- For allergies and sinusitis
- General nerve tonic for pain, fatigue and depression
- Heart health
- Kills cancer cells
- Reduce high blood pressure
Yerba Mate is a unique drink with a lot of upside, and is worth checking out if you suffer some medical conditions or need a health boost. If it is not available at grocery stores near you, you can order it online.
To learn more about your health, wellness and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Houston, Tex.