See Your Chiropractor for Whiplash Relief
By Stephen R. Farris
It probably comes as no surprise that Houston ranks No. 3 in the nation when it comes to hours spent in traffic each year. In 2020, it was estimated that Houstonians and out-of-town travelers in the greater Houston area spent, on average, 49 hours a year stuck in traffic.
With that amount of time spent in stop-and-go traffic, there's bound to be a time you or the person next to you will have an accident. Usually, when experiencing stop and go traffic, your chances of getting rear-ended go up, and with that comes the chance of getting whiplash if it does.
Whiplash is caused by a sudden jolt to your back that can change the curvature of your upper back and neck, mostly causing neck pain. Most of the time you might feel pain at the moment whiplash happens, while other times the pain may not show up until a day or two later. Some of the symptoms you might experience from whiplash could be:
- Tightness, maybe spasms in the upper part of your back and neck
- Pain, headache, or dizziness when you move your neck
- Problems swallowing, chewing, or hoarseness, which could indicate that your esophagus and/or larynx may also have been injured
- Burning and/or tingling sensation in your neck
- Shoulder and/or upper back pain
Whiplash is treatable. You may need to visit with your primary doctor or chiropractor to get a diagnosis. Some of the treatment options vary.
- First and foremost is to keep active
- Using a soft neck collar if the pain can't be controlled
- Ice or heat to help reduce pain, inflammation, and muscle spasms
- Prescription or OTCs (over-the-counter-medications)
- Physical therapy
If you're looking for an all-natural, non-invasive, and non-addictive pain relief treatment from whiplash, then visit with your local chiropractor such as the ones that can be found at The Joint Chiropractic. Their board certified, licensed doctors of chiropractic medicine offer a hands-on, natural alternative by manipulating the spine to help restore the normal position of the muscles and joints to get you back to your active routine. He/she can answer any questions you might have and will discuss how many treatments you might need.
No appointment is necessary to speak to any of The Joints chiropractors, and there's no need to worry about hassling with insurance as they offer several payment options that won't hurt your bank account.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Houston, Tex.