Chiropractic Tip: Strong Muscles Build Healthy Bodies
By Sandy Schroeder
Moving forward in a career in your 30s or 40s can be a very busy ride, but maintaining the body is equally important. If you are looking for ways to stay on top professionally and build a healthy body, chiropractic and strength exercises may be smart choices.
Chiropractic Guide Posts
More and more people are choosing chiropractic to keep their lives centered to fight pain and enjoy a better life with improved health, wellness and fitness.
When you stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic in your community, you will see a wellness center in action. The Joint’s doctors of chiropractic are well equipped to help you.
When you come in, your chiropractor will explain how a healthy spine may be the path to improved overall health. The spine is the home of the central nervous system that controls the brain-to-body communication that the body depends on to function.
A gentle targeted spinal adjustment to improve spinal health may provide far-reaching pain relief, and a host of other benefits ranging from better sleep to more energy.
As you evaluate your results you may choose to use weekly 15-minute spinal adjustments to keep the benefits coming as you pursue workouts such as strength training.
Strength Training Tips
Researchers say strength training can help you manage or sometimes prevent diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis and arthritis. When you add strength training to your workout it’s important to know how to avoid injury. Harvard Health suggests these steps.
- Learn proper form in a class or individual session with a certified trainer
- Warm up and cool down in each session
- Avoid locking joints as you keep a little bend in knees and elbows when straightening legs and arms
- Stop if a strength exercise is causing pain as you extend your range gradually
- Don’t overdo with too much weight or too long a session
- Rest muscles for at least 48 hours between sessions
- Monitor the body and cut back if you feel weak during a session or have aching joints and extreme tiredness the next day
When you are ready to power ahead, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you to find out more about the affordable personal healthcare plans that eliminate the hassle of insurance. Clinics are open evenings and weekends and walk-in visits are welcome. No appointments are needed.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Houston, Tex.