Important Message from The Joint Chiropractic regarding COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) - Read More

Decrease Belly Fat With These Foods

By Rachel Carver

For most of us, about 90 percent of our total body fat is subcutaneous. This fat sits just beneath the skin. The remaining 10 percent of body fat is called intra-abdominal or visceral fat. It is known as belly fat because it is in your abdominal area and surrounds your internal organs.

You do not want a lot of visceral fat. It can cause inflammation, leading to problems such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes. However, being intentional about movement and following a balanced diet can help you reduce your visceral fat.

Cutting back on added sugar is a great way to drop belly fat. You can also combat its negative effects with these foods.

Avocados

A half cup of avocado gives you 5 grams of satiating fiber and 7 grams of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. High amounts of antioxidants found in this fruit can protect your body from negative inflammation, reducing your belly fat. Topping your breakfast toast with avocado will not spike your insulin levels as other high-sugar foods. Elevated insulin is one of the leading reasons for a long-term increase in belly fat.

Blueberries

Blueberries contain high amounts of anthocyanins, which may help to lower inflammation, improve glucose control and insulin resistance. All of these affect belly fat. As a bonus, one cup of blueberries gives you just 85 calories. Blend frozen or fresh blueberries into your morning smoothie. Add them to your oatmeal or yogurt. Mix them with some nuts for some extra protein.

Legumes

Black beans, chickpeas, and other Legumes contain high amounts of soluble fiber and resistant starch. This prebiotic helps probiotics, healthy bacteria living in your gut. Probiotics line the gut, keeping foreign inflammatory-stimulating particles from getting into the bloodstream.

Enjoy some chickpeas as a side with some lean protein. Add black beans to your tacos or quesadillas.

Eggs

Eggs pack the protein. One egg gives you six grams of protein and only 78 calories. A single egg makes a great premeasured portion.

Protein keeps you feeling full longer. It also requires more energy to digest than carbohydrates and fat. Protein does not spike your blood sugar, and it repairs muscles. Protein is an important part of any successful weight loss plan. It can also help reduce belly fat.

Hard boiled eggs make a great quick breakfast. Enjoy some scrambled eggs with some seasonal fruit when you have some extra time for breakfast.

Many people battle the annoying belly fat. Focus on adding foods that will improve your overall health and help reduce belly fat.

To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Round Rock, Tex.

Story link

Download your offer today and save!

$29 New Patient Special, Consultation | Exam | Adjustment

Offer valued at $45. Valid for new patients only. See clinic for chiropractor(s)' name and license info. Clinics managed and/or owned by franchisee or Prof. Corps. Restrictions may apply to Medicare eligible patients. Individual results may vary.