How Health, Wealth and Stealth Play Out
By Sandy Schroeder
You may wonder what's it all about as fall merges into winter and holidays trip over each other. For me, it becomes a process of questioning. I find myself puzzling over what we do, why we do it, and what happens in the long run. That's a lot of heavy lifting and may account for some of my 3 a.m. wake-ups.
A long time ago, I wrote a blog about "Health, Wealth and Stealth," musing over our paths as we grow up, go to school, head out in the world, and then settle into life with family, work and homes. In the process, we may take our health for granted as we work hard to establish ourselves, pay the bills, and create security.
Stealth comes into play when we suddenly look up to discover five or 10 years have swept by. Now we consider where we have been and what will come next.
Wherever you are, you might review the bidding to see what it means, and what you should do next. Ask yourself a few questions.
What You Do
Think about it.
- Where does most of your time go every day?
- Is it working out the way you want?
- Is your family a focus?
- Are your skills being used?
- What do you want to change?
Why You Do It
See if these things fit.
- The bills get paid
- Your family is being taken care of
- Your passions get to play out some of the time
- At the end of the day, you are tired, but OK
What Happens In the Long Run
Count yourself lucky if good things are happening.
- Your health is hanging in there
- You find things to laugh about every day
- You have learned how to sidestep stress
- You manage to get outside and get moving every day
- You still have goals to achieve and ways to make them happen
- You manage to travel and have future trips in mind
- You still connect with old friends
- You welcome the chance to make new friends
- You have some really great memories
- You have kept your hobbies, and added a few new ones
This sort of health, wealth, and stealth processing may stir everything up for you or give you a fresh perspective. The rules are whatever you say they are. Make them fit you and yours, and enjoy.
To learn more about your health, wellness and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Universal City, Tex.