Chiropractic Care Is a Must for Runners!
By Donna Stark
Running is one of the most common forms of exercise but whether you run to live or live to run, the risk for injury doesn't go away. After all, running certainly isn't a sport that is easy on your joints, is it? In fact, every joint, from your hips to your feet, has the potential to be injured no matter how serious of a runner you actually are. But you chose this exercise for a reason and you shouldn't give it up just because you got hurt. So be the best runner you can be and stay healthy by visiting your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic regularly!
Chiropractic Care for Runners
Maybe you run over a thousand miles per year. Maybe you only run 16. It doesn't matter, but what does matter is if you want to become better at what you do. And if you do, while also reducing your risk of injury, you should see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic regularly. Take a look at how chiropractic care can help all the runners in the world.
- Places the spine and pelvis in proper alignment
- Alleviates pain from joint dysfunction and hip bursitis
- Reduces the risk of joint degeneration
- Reduces tension, stiffness, and inflammation
- Improves the function of the body's joints and muscles
- Improves the function of the nervous, immune, and respiratory systems
- Helps to support increased stamina and endurance
- Helps to correct gait and foot problems
- Speeds the healing and recovery process of present injuries
- Reduces the risk of future injuries
Taking the Proper Steps to Minimize Risk
In addition to chiropractic care, there are several things you can do on your own to minimize the risk of injury, pain, and discomfort caused by running. Here are some worthy suggestions.
- Change the route you run so different parts of your body are engaged
- Vary your running surface (pavement, asphalt, grass, dirt, and sand) a few times a week
- Replace your shoes when needed
- Buy two of the same type of running shoes and switch for each run
- Run on firm, packed sand (as close to the water as possible when on the beach)
- Include stretching, strength training, and core exercises to your fitness routine
- Remember your form and focus on good posture while running
- Warm up and cool down before and after your runs
Running to Good Health
If staying healthy and remaining free of injuries is a constant concern for you, stop worrying! With some help from your local chiropractor and by making some simple changes to your fitness routine, running to good health couldn't be any easier! So come on in to The Joint Chiropractic today. Or rather, run on in! You know you want to!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Webster, Tex.