Back Pain at Work? Chiropractic Care Can Help!
By Donna Stark
No matter where it falls on a scale of 1 to 10, back pain can certainly make it hard to concentrate and work at your place of employment. And what makes it even worse is the fact that it really doesn't matter what type of job you have! From the physically demanding jobs to the "on your feet all day jobs" to the jobs that require only a chair and desk, back pain can hit in nearly every occupation. It's important to understand what causes back pain at the workplace and to take the proper steps to reduce the risk of it happening.
Pain at the Workplace
Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic know a thing or two about back pain and they are more than happy to help you either avoid it altogether or deal with the pain you already have. But before we talk about chiropractic care, let's first take a look at the factors that can contribute to pain and injury at work.
- Repetitive movements, especially if they involve twisting or rotating the spine
- Placing too much force on your back when lifting or moving objects
- Sitting for long periods of time and failing to be active throughout the day
Make Some Changes
There are some things you can do that will help with the pain and reduce the risk of future issues. Here are some valuable tips.
- Take plenty of breaks from repetitive movements and if needed, switch sides or make modifications
- Use proper lifting, carrying, and moving techniques
- Customize your desk and chair to encourage proper posture
- Use a headset or speakerphone for calls
- Take short breaks throughout the day and move your body in different ways
- Add strengthening and stability exercises into your workouts
- Consume a healthy diet and get the recommended amount of sleep
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
You probably already know that chiropractic care is a great solution for back pain relief, but just in case you didn't, here's the nitty-gritty on how it can help.
- Reduces the pressure on nerves and discs in the spine
- Places the spine and other joints of your body in proper alignment
- Removes joint restrictions and nerve interference
- Reduces stress, tension, and inflammation
- Restores joint mobility, stability, and function
Pain-Free Work Zone
Back pain can plague your time at work and at home, but take heart! You aren't stuck with it. With some simple modifications to your workspace and help from your local chiropractor, you can get back on track to better health and pain-free days! So come on in to The Joint Chiropractic! And then head into work and make those changes once and for all. Your body will thank you for it!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Vancouver, Wash.